Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter


This is one of the first layouts that I did. Believe it or not, it took me forever. The bunny and the basket on the second page are hand cut. It is all a little too busy for my current style, but I remember loving it at the time.

The kids are currently scrounging through their Easter baskets, begging to go outside every couple minutes to play with bubbles. I am currently stalling on getting ready to go to Grandma and Grandpa's for Easter dinner. I have to keep reminding the kids that we are going to have a big lunch and to go easy on the candy. Canyon keeps telling me "I won't puke Mom, I won't puke."

Last year we drove to Casper Thursday afternoon to spend Easter with JT's family. We picked up Canyon at daycare after his Easter party. He got a bag of jelly beans from daycare and was happily eating them in the car when he promptly threw up. In our defense, we didn't know he had eaten tons of junk at daycare already, or we wouldn't have let him eat jelly beans. About 2 1/2 hours outside of Casper we were on the side of the road, in a blizzard trying to clean up Canyon. Let me rephrase, JT was on the side of the road, in a blizzard, trying to clean up Canyon. I was behind the suburban dry heaving. I can't handle puke. I can do just about anything else, but give me puke and I fall to pieces. We stoped in Gillette, WY at a convenience store and bought an air freshener. It didn't help a whole lot. Luckily in Casper there was a car wash with an extractor and that took care of the problem. Since the candy puke incident every time Canyon eats lots of candy he has to let me know that he won't puke. It is actually pretty cute, gross as it sounds.

Happy Easter Everyone!

No comments: