Monday, February 23, 2009

A Complete Disaster

All of this came out of my scrapbook room. How did I get it all in there you may ask. I do not know how I got it all in there. My room isn't much more than a glorified closet.
I took everything out so I can paint it and set up some organization in there. I have been meaning to do this for months. I haven't been able to find anything and I've been buying multiples of things lately, so it was way past time. I can't believe I had this much crap in my room. No wonder I couldn't find anything.

Below are some pictures of my room empty. I am not much of an organizer, so if you have any ideas I will gladly take them.
This is the view walking in from the door. There is a stairway to the garage directly to the left and then a small closet, then a large niche. To the right, there is a closet and a door to outside.
I have purchased multiple white Target cubes and some wide shelving to make a long counter under this window. I will support the counter with the cubes and push some of the mobile carts I have underneath. I will put my clip it up, die-cutting machines, and maybe more cubes on top of the counter. I think I will still have to use the table outside the room to scrap.

This is the view from the corner of the room, by the windows back out the door.


This is the niche. Unfortunately I can't put anything permanent here as there are plans to move the freezer back here. I bought some utensil hangers from ikea and hooks that I plan on putting back here to hang embellishments on.



From the niche to the outside door.


The large closet, I may put shelves in here. I have two other large coat closets at the entry. You would think that would be enough coat closets.



Small closet. Guess I didn't get everything cleaned out!



Weird closet on the stairway to the garage. It reminds me of the closet on the 6th Sense that had a ghost in it. That part of the movie still scares me to think about. Yikes. Not sure what to do with this one. It currently has wrapping paper, bags, and misc stored in it.


Why, you ask, am I turning this little tiny room into a scrapping room. It is the only place I have. I absolutely must have a guest room, and I am a slob, so the spare bedroom is out. I wish we had another bedroom, but instead of bedrooms, the builder of our house decided that living rooms were the way to go. I have 4 living rooms. I can't use one of them because of the open, post and beam, floor plan of the house. There are no walls and I couldn't hide it. The only rooms with walls in this house are bedrooms, bathrooms, and this little scrapbooking "room". Even one of the bathrooms is open to the bedroom!!!
I appreciate any ideas!

1 comment:

Sandie said...

what are the dimentions of the room? My scrapbook nook was 4 feet wide by 10 feet long...I made it work for me! I've got pictures!