Sunday, April 26, 2009

Something Scrappy and Some Weather

I finally got something scrappy done. I guess you could say I've had "scrappers block". That didn't stop me from buying new supplies however.

I created this layout last night. I love how it turned out. I recently discovered painting on my layouts and I am very happy with the results. The white around the outside was already there, I just painted around the little diamonds. I am considering taking off that big gear and giving it a whitewash also.

I made that big gear on my NEW CRICUT EXPRESSION!! Isn't it awesome. I am so happy with my cricut, this is exactly what I wanted it for.



Bought those little screws a long time ago. First chance I had to use them.


These are the cards from the Create My Keepsake kit. Aren't they gorgeous. Danielle is so talented. You can get to her blog from here. Homespun with Heart.

I added a couple personal touches to each, but not much. Gotta love stickles.


More white paint.


I'm not into birds, but this one is pretty on this card.


Marissa put together the Basic Grey cupcake kit. She followed the instructions, and then made them her own. I'm proud of her, she did a great job. She loves the stickles like her mama.





She also found some brads I've never used.


Another brad for a cherry.



What's with the weather here in South Dakota? We woke up to this! It's almost May!
I had better shut down my computer now, We've already lost power for a couple minutes 3 times.





7 comments:

Angie said...

LOVE the gear page!!!! you do awesome work, hence why some of my pages look a lot like yours!!!!!! Can I have a gear cut out? What cartridge is that? The cards turned out super cute too!

Cathy said...

Love the cards...love the layout! I so need an expression! Totally jealous!

Tessa said...

Test!

f said...

AMAZING CARDS! WOWW

Lucy Edson said...

Love those cards, Tessa and the layout is so bright and fun!! Perfect for an adorable boy!! :)

Anonymous said...

wow, great cards!

pysselpetra said...

Love the thing you do with th eflower petals, how do you do it? do you bend dem ith a tool?
/petra