Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Today at my house

At a scrapping retreat I recently went to I got to take a look at a friends Paper Doll Cricut cartridge. She was cutting out dinosaurs on it. Canyon has a dinosaur obsession. He has since he was a baby. I thought it would die down by now, but it hasn't. So, I bought the Paper Dolls cartridge just for the dinosaurs. I figured that I have spent more than that just on dinosaur dies that were tiny. I didn't think I would ever use the paper doll feature of the cartridge. Boy, was I wrong. From the second the package was torn open Canyon wanted "little guys". We made "little guys" all day. We made a knight complete with a magical golden sword. The knight also has a dragon that he can fight. The dragon lives in a cave made out of a diet pepsi 12 pack box. We made a cowboy with a lasso and a cow to use the lasso on. We also made a super hero and a hula girl. He played with them all day, and when he wasn't playing with them he was begging me to make more. He even told Marissa if she was really good he would make her a princess and let her press "unload paper". Silly kid.





5 comments:

Angie said...

Love the paper dolls. AFter looking at the entire book at the retreat I have added that to my want list too. The back cover just doesn't do it justice! I would like 2 orange gears please. I will get you some paper at the playground when I go down to make monkeys tonight and will bring the strawberry template.

Lucy Edson said...

How adorable!! I know my dd would love those paper dolls too! Looks like fun!

Thanks for adding our new blinkie to your blog, Tessa!! :)

jpitta said...

How cute! I love the imagination of kids... a diet pepsi box castle! Love it

Jeune Girl Crafts said...

that is GREAT!! love the dolls! I should do that with my kids.

~Telah said...

Cute little guy you got there! I hopped over here from the Nook!