Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!

Wishing everyone a hap hap Happy New Year!!

My scrap goals for this year are:

To take a picture everyday. Yes, I am going to try this 365 thing. I didn't order the kit though.
I saw a cute album on Two Peas where someone just purchased those album pages that hold six pictures, then used papers from Mat Stacks on them and placed a whole week of pictures on one page. I am going to try some different variations of this and see what I come up with. It sounds like it will be a neat project for my kids to look back at some day.... as long as I remember to take the pictures and they aren't all of my sleeping children at 11:59 pm.

I, like most of you, have thousands upon thousands of dollars in scrap supplies in my scrap room. I am going to use them. Another goal this year is 2 layouts a week. A double page only counts as one. I am really going to try to use up some of my stash so I don't feel so guilty about it all the time.

I am not going to add to my stash, only replace what I have used. (With the exception of the sale at the Playground starting tomorrow). I need to use 2 pieces of paper to buy 2 pieces of paper, use some embellishments to buy some embellishments etc. This is going to be a hard one. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

I am going to get my stinkin scrap room organized once and for all. I am such a procrastinator, I have constantly had an excuse for the past 6 months about why it wasn't done. No more excuses. I WILL have it done by the end of the month.

I also intend to take Cathy up on her offer to be more active at The Playground. Instead of just hanging out in her back room taking up chair space, I would love to teach some classes there and help out my friend any way that I can.

Now for my non scrapbook related goals:

Get the rest of my house organized. I have piles of stuff here and there. I intend to downsize all the clutter and get some organization going.

Start spending more quality time with my family. Playing games with the kids instead of watching tv with them. Letting Canyon help me cook instead of shooing him out of the kitchen. Treat each day as a gift instead of a just a stepping stone to "Someday". I know, it is easy to say I am going to try to do this, but not so easy to do.

Calm down. He is just a child (although a naughty one).

Quit asking her if her brain is working. You are going to give her a complex.

I would also say that I am going to try to lose weight, but lets face it, being skinny is over rated. :)

I have a few other goals for this year, most of them have to do with credit cards and other household debt. He who dies with the most toys does not win.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Great Goals! I think I might have to try the 365 thing! You guys, and the stuff you make me do! I am going to take you up on your offer at the store...it's going to be an amazing year!
by the way, I agree, being skinny is over rated!!!

Lucy Edson said...

Those are some great goals, Tessa! I would have to go along with the organizational ones for sure! I also I like only replace paper you use - that will be really hard!! lol

Best Wishes in the New Year to you!!

Angie said...

Your goals sound great, all some that I should add into my book of goals for 2009, all of them except the one about not buying anything new paper or embelishments until I use one up, that is just setting myself up for failure!!!!!! I know exactly what you are saying about "shooing" your kids away, I am terrible about that. I have a pillow in my house that says "Remember those hands that are ever so eager to help are the hands that grow up ever so fast." Have a great new year!